The mission of the New Orleans Tourism and Cultural Fund is to support cultural industries and culture bearers of the City of New Orleans through partnerships, grants, and programs to advance sustainable tourism. Individuals and organizations who align with this mission are encouraged to apply for funding. Thank you, and remember that "Culture Is Our Open Door."
NOTCF NOLA School Arts Program Initiative
For the 2023-2024 school year, NOTCF has committed to award a total of $750,000 to support cultural arts curriculums at our local schools. The award allocation will be a maximum of $15,000 to fifty (50) area schools. Priority will be given to public schools first, followed by archdiocesan schools. Home schools are excluded and will not be funded. Administrators planning to submit applications must ensure that NOTCF funds will be applied directly to the cultural arts curriculum, cultural arts activities, cultural arts programs (e.g., after-school programming), or cultural events, excluding daily operational costs such as salaries. For examples of how funding can be used, please see the descriptions below.
Please read the following information regarding the Terms & Conditions for the NOLA School Arts Program Initiative
1. What art programs qualify for sponsorship? - All art programs that align with NOTCF's mission qualify for funding. Please see each cultural sector with examples below:
- Food Related Cultural Activities & Businesses - (e.g., culinary art supplies, equipment, and/or curriculum expenses)
- Performance & Traditional Practices Cultural Activities & Businesses - (e.g., instruments, marching band uniforms and/or equipment, majorette uniforms and/or equipment, dance team uniforms and/or equipment, theatre arts costuming and/or equipment and curriculum expenses)
- Building Arts & Preservation Cultural Activities & Businesses - (e.g., interior design and architect curriculum and/or equipment and curriculum expenses)
- Visual Arts & Craft Cultural Activities & Businesses - (e.g., photography and visual arts supplies and/or equipment and curriculum expenses)
- Design & Web Cultural Activities Businesses - (e.g., fashion design equipment and/or curriculum expenses, graphic design equipment and/or curriculum expenses, web designer/programming equipment and/or curriculum expenses, and costume design equipment and/or curriculum expenses)
- Writing & Publishing Cultural Activities & Businesses - (e.g., library program equipment and/or curriculum expenses, print media equipment and/or curriculum expenses, creative writing programming equipment and/or curriculum expenses, journalist equipment and/or curriculum expenses)
2. Who may apply? - Orleans Parish K-12 public, private, charter, and parochial schools. (Home schools are excluded and will not be funded.)
- Only ONE application per school will be considered. Applications must be accompanied by a letter (on the school’s letterhead) signed by the school’s principal, chief administrative officer, or board chair, approving the application submission.
3. When must the program, event, activity, or project take place for which the funding would sponsor? - During the 2023 - 2024 School Year.
Submittable Portal Information With our new application portal, you must create a login to apply, and your account with Submittable will be used to communicate about any applications or forms submitted with NOTCF. If you are a returning user of Submittable, please log in and apply where applicable to your organization. If you are experiencing login difficulties, please reset your password through the portal. If you are still unable to log in, you must contact Submittable's Help Desk (the orange magnifying glass) for additional assistance. If you have questions regarding the new portal outside of what is stated above, please email The Grants Program Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.